Our Americana Auction will be Saturday, February 10th at noon EST. Preview at the gallery is Friday, 2/9/18 from 2-6PM and auction day 10AM until the auction begins.
Please join us for our February 10 Americana auction, consisting of more than 400 estate-fresh antiques, art, jewelry, silver and more, all with a focus on the American Experience from the 17th century to the present day.
The catalog can be viewed and online bidding is available through the Live Auctioneers, Invaluable and AuctionZip links below. You can also pre-register with us prior to auction day for absentee bidding or phone bids ($100 minimum bid).
Not local? Not a problem! We offer in-house shipping worldwide.
This month’s offerings include:
– Paintings and sculpture by listed American artists, such as William S. Jennings, Ben Foster, Robert Lewis, Edward Loyal Field, Joseph Lindon Smith, Manuel Felguerez, Jesse Aaron, Paul Strisik, Frederick Haines, as well as two early paintings by contemporary artist DZine (Carlos Rolon).
– Several dozen fine pieces of Native American silver and turquoise jewelry.
– Tiffany & Co. sterling silver pieces.
– U.S. postage stamps, and silver and gold U.S. coins.
– Autographs of prominent Americans, such as Orville Wright, Ronald Reagan, Robert F. Kennedy, Charles Schulz, Dr. Seuss, Dwight Eisenhower, Andrew Johnson, Wernher von Braun, Norman Rockwell and others. Of special note is a collection of early American autographs pasted into the cover of an 1809 bound newspaper book.
– Autographed sports memorabilia, many with PSA/DNA and JSA authentication (but all guaranteed), including a baseball signed by Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Rogers Hornsby, Joe DiMaggio and many others, Mickey Mantle signed items, Willie Mays, Muhammad Ali, and others. Also a circa 1965 Stan Musial personally owned and used coaching baseball bat.
– Several sets of sterling silver.
– American art pottery, including Rookwood, early Weller, Roseville.
– Period folk art and primitives.
– Rare Gillinder cameo glass vase, as well as other art glass.
– Historic items, such as Civil War date letters, soldier photo, early Lincoln material, etc.
– A hard hat personally used by Wernher von Braun during his tenure at Redstone Arsenal, as well as several lots of NASA-related memorabilia.
– A fabulous Tiffany & Co. platinum amethyst, morganite and diamond brooch.
– Three sets of rare rock crystal diamond display models.
– Several vintage and antique American firearms.
– Two Jaws movie clippings scrapbooks assembled by Martha’s Vineyard actor, Alfred Wilde (“Bad Hat Harry”), as well as items personally owned by the actor.
– Many antique American whale tooth scrimshaw and carved Inuit ivory items.