Blackwell Auctions Terms
* All items sold “AS IS, WHERE IS” with all faults.
* All descriptions believed accurate but not warranteed.
* Bidder inspection is encouraged.
* By placing a bid, bidder signifies that they have examined the items to their satisfaction, or that they have chosen not to personally examine them.
* We run multiple online bidding venues and also have phone bidders and absentee bidders. There is no guarantee that your online bid will be accepted, especially if your bid is tied with bids on another venue. When you are looking at where the bidding is currently on an item you’re bidding on, please be aware that bidding is also happening on several other sites, and the sites do not communicate with each other. The bidding venue you use will automatically advance your absentee bids, and does give preference to bids left earlier than others, but when the auction is live and our clerks are covering each venue, we have no way of knowing what bids were placed first. We do our best to rotate winning tie bids throughout our online venues. If you are concerned about losing a bid due to a tie, please consider registering to be a phone bidder with us. Notifications you may receive from bidding venues during or after the auction should NOT be considered as proof of won lots. All bids must be downloaded and verified against live clerking results the Monday after the auction. If you are the winning bidder, you will be emailed an invoice the week after the auction.
* We reserve the right to reject any bid at our sole discretion.
* Our online buyer premium is 20% on BidSquare and 22% on Proxibid, Live Auctioneers, and Invaluable/AuctionZip. Our in-house buyer premium is 17% and applies to bids placed in person, absentee, by phone and on HiBid.
* Absentee and phone bids are accepted for bidders who pre-register with us directly and provide payment information. The absentee bid form available on our website must be submitted by 5 PM the day prior to auction day. The minimum for phone bids is $100 or the starting bid, whichever is greater. We will collect your credit card information over the phone once we have received the form — we do not ask you to provide that information on the form itself.
* The Florida Department of Revenue does not accept out of state resale certificates. If the buyer takes delivery of the item in Florida, either in person or via mail, and does not have a valid FL resale certificate, applicable sales tax of 7% must be collected. Out of state dealers may produce a signed affidavit certifying that items are for resale, and then sales tax can be removed.
* Invoices over $2,000 for USA buyers will require payment via cashiers check, bank wire transfer, or ACH debit directly into our account. All international transactions over $500 must be completed via bank wire transfer.
* Online bidders will be invoiced the week after the auction directly via email with payment instructions. If you have not received an invoice from us via email by the Wednesday after the auction, please check your spam folder for email@example.com. Payment is expected within 7 days of the invoice being received. We do not have access to your payment info on some online venues – we invoice directly. Invaluable/AuctionZip, Live Auctioneers and HiBid buyers who have not paid within 7 days may be charged through the venue. If a wire transfer is necessary, payment is expected within 7 days of invoicing, after which time an unpaid item dispute will be opened. Items will no longer be available one week after a dispute is opened.
* Personal checks are accepted — shipping will be held until the check clears.
* Partial payment (deposit/layaway) arrangements may be allowable on a very limited case-by-case basis, which must be requested PRIOR to auction day. In any case, however, items not paid for in full (including buyer premium, taxes and shipping, if applicable) within 30 days of auction’s close will be considered abandoned. Any deposits collected will be forfeit.
Shipping: Each auction item notes in its catalog description whether it can be shipped in-house or will require 3rd party shipping by your own arrangements.
* For many small items, we provide in-house packing and shipping via UPS and USPS that is done with excellence and is competitively priced. Your invoice will include a shipping fee if we’re able to ship your item, and you are also welcome to contact local third-party shippers or make your own arrangements for pickup or shipping. Items that can be shipped in-house are noted in the catalog. Please see the Terms page on our website for more information on shipping carriers’ insurance policies.
* Some items must be shipped by your own arrangements — you will need to contact vendors directly for quotes and to make arrangements, and you will pay them directly. Items that require 3rd party shipping by your own arrangements are noted in the catalog. As a courtesy, we provide a resource list for you, below.
* Purchases left at the gallery 30 days after the auction will be considered abandoned and will become the property of Blackwell Auctions, with no refund given.
As a courtesy, we provide this resource list for you when making your own shipping arrangements, but you may use any vendor you wish. Your transaction with any 3rd party shipper is entirely between you and the shipper. We are not responsible for fees, handling, timeline, insurance, damage claims or any other part of the transaction with the shipper you choose. Once your items are removed from our gallery, your transaction with us is complete.
- UPS STORE 4567:
- UPS STORE 6886:
- PAK & SHIP:
- (727) 865-2320 or fax: (727) 865-2474
- ORBIT PROFESSIONAL PACKING CRATING:
- (888) 247-8540 or 727-507-7447
- firstname.lastname@example.org www.orbitppc.com (U.S. & International)
- CRATERS & FREIGHTERS:
- (813) 889-9008 (877) 448-7447
- Fax (813) 884-8393
- www.cratersandfreighters.com (U.S. & International)
- We’ve had several buyers be pleased with this service
Blackwell Auctions observes all Federal, state and local gun laws. Only the registered bidder may pay for and pick up firearm(s) after the mandatory three-day waiting period (excluding weekends and legal holidays), if applicable. DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, PURCHASE A FIREARM FOR ANOTHER PERSON. Blackwell Auctions may, at its discretion, refuse a bid for any reason.
For local pickups, Blackwell Auctions charges a $20 processing fee. Firearm sales to Florida residents (with the exception of muzzleloaders or antique arms manufactured before 1898) will be subject to and must pass the FDLE Background Check. The purchaser will be required to fill out ATF Form 4473 and provide a valid government-issued photo identification. If you are NOT a Florida resident, you may not take direct possession of a firearm.
Do not bid on a firearm if — by judgment or disability — you may not legally possess a firearm. Any attempt to circumvent Federal, state or local laws governing firearm sales will be reported to local law enforcement and to the ATF field office.
You must be 18 years old to purchase rifles or shotguns, and 21 years old to purchase a handgun. You must be 18 to purchase long gun ammunition and age 21 to purchase handgun ammunition. You are responsible for knowing if your state bars a certain type of firearm/ammo/accessory from being shipped to you. Know your laws BEFORE bidding.
Additional terms regarding shipping insurance:
Shipping insurance is regulated by the chosen carrier, e.g., UPS, USPS, Stamps.com, FedEx, not Blackwell Auctions.
For more information, please refer to the specific carrier’s insurance policies for more details such as exclusions and claim filing time limits.
Insurance coverage on item(s) is limited to the purchase price. Accessorial charges, e.g., buyer’s premium, taxes, shipping and packing cost are not covered.
On International shipments the buyer or consignee is responsible for paying all duties, taxes, customs & carrier brokerage fees due upon delivery or entry into your country. Your country’s customs may not release the package for delivery until payment is made. Usually, the fees are based on the declared value and nature of the item.
Blackwell Auctions uses the purchase price as the declared value on any customs declarations, we will not understate the value of the item.
Below is most of the pertinent information on the carrier’s insurance policies.
Current UPS insurance:
As a condition precedent to recovery, all claims for loss or damage to property must be noticed and filed in writing or electronically with UPS within the following time limits:
– For domestic Shipments (including shipments to and from Puerto Rico), UPS must receive notice of claims within sixty days after Delivery of the Package or, in case of failure to make Delivery, within sixty days after the date of scheduled Delivery.
Claims must be filed within nine months after Delivery of the Package or, in case of failure to make Delivery, within nine months after the date of scheduled Delivery.
– For international Shipments, claims must be filed within sixty days after Delivery of the Package or pallet or, in the case of non-Delivery, within sixty days after the date of scheduled Delivery.
UPS does not accept for transportation, and Shippers are prohibited from shipping:
1. Articles of unusual value, which shall be deemed to include, but are not limited to:
. Any Package with an actual value of more than $50,000, except that the actual value of Packages declared in accordance with the Enhanced Maximum Declared Value provisions of Section 55.1 (“Maximum Declared Values”) cannot exceed $70,000;
. Any pallet with an actual value of more than $100,000;
. Coins, cash, currency, bonds, postage stamps, money orders, and negotiable instruments (such as drafts, bills of exchange, or promissory notes, but excluding checks);
. Any article that contains more than 50 percent by weight of gold or platinum, or any combination thereof in raw form including, but not limited to, bullion, bars, or scraps of these metals.
2. Packages with a value of more than $500 shipped via a UPS Drop Box;
3. Prepaid Letters with a value of more than $100;
4. Packages with a value of more than $999 when Shipper Release is selected;
5. Packages with a C.O.D. amount in excess of $500 shipped via a UPS Drop Box;
6. Human remains, fetal remains, human body parts, human embryos, or components thereof;
7. Common fireworks;
8. Replica or inert explosives or weapons that bear an appearance to actual explosives or weapons (except as a contractual service);
9. Packages containing marijuana, as defined in 21 U.S.C. § 802(16), including marijuana intended for medicinal use, and Packages containing Hemp, as defined in 7 U.S.C. § 16390, when in plant form;
10. $1,000 per Package or pallet for international Shipments containing jewelry (not including costume jewelry), or $2,500 per Package or pallet for Shipments tendered to eligible destinations set forth at ups.com/jewelry;
11. $1,000 per Package or pallet for Shipments containing unset precious stones or industrial diamonds, or $2,500 per Package or pallet for international Shipments tendered to eligible destination set forth at ups.com/jewelry;
Current USPS Stamps.com insurance:
THIS POLICY DOES NOT INSURE:
1. Coins, bullion, loose diamonds or stones, stocks, bonds, currency, deeds, evidence of debt, travelers checks, money orders, gift certificates, calling cards, lottery tickets, admission tickets, or any other negotiable documents.
2. The shipping or postage cost, packing materials, labor.
3. Loss from delay, deterioration, spoilage or contamination of perishable merchandise except when resulting from fire.
4. Merchandise shipped on consignment, memorandum or approval unless shipped in fulfillment of an order or request.
5. Loss, damage or non-arrival of any package or its contents which (a) is addressed, wrapped or packed insufficiently, incorrectly or contrary to carrier’s packaging requirements; or (b) bears a descriptive label or packaging which tends to describe nature of contents EXCEPT if required by Postal Laws and Regulations.
6. Against loss or damage arising out of dishonesty on the part of the insured or insured’s employees.
7. Against loss or damage caused by or resulting from: (a) hostile or warlike action in time of peace or war, including action in hindering, combating or defending against an actual, impending or expected attack, (1) by any government or sovereign power (de jure facto), or by any authority maintaining or using military, naval or air forces; or (2) by military, naval or air forces; (3) by an agent of any such government power, authority or forces: (b) any weapon of war employing atomic fission or radioactive force whether in time of peace or war; (c) insurrection, rebellion, revolution, civil war, usurped power, or action taken by governmental authority in hindering, combating or defending against such an occurrence, seizure or destruction under quarantine or Customs regulations, confiscation by order of any government or public authority or risks of contraband or illegal transportation of trade.
8. Against loss or damage caused by nuclear reaction/radiation or radioactive contamination, all whether controlled or uncontrolled, and whether such loss be direct or indirect, proximate or remote, or be in whole or in part caused by, contributed to, or aggravated by the peril(s) insured against in this Policy; however, direct loss by “fire” resulting from nuclear reaction/radiation or radioactive contamination is insured against by this Policy.
In the unlikely event that your package is damaged, destroyed or lost in transit, you can file a claim with Stamps.com if you have purchased Stamps.com insurance. All claims must be filed within 90 days of the shipping date of the package. In the case of lost mail, you are required to wait 30 days before filing a claim. Please retain all damaged items until final settlement, as you may be asked to surrender any items claimed as damaged beyond repair. Failure to do so could adversely affect your claim.
Damaged or Missing Contents: If your item arrives damaged or is missing contents, you may file a claim immediately but must file no later than 60 days after the mailing date.
Lost Mail or Package for Priority Mail or insured mail: If your item does not arrive at all, file a claim in the time period for the service you used. Usually file after 15 days, and before 60 days.
- UPS STORE 4567: